COVID-19 Updates & Policies
COVID-19 Updates & Policies
Updated August 21, 2020 — While we do our best to keep these updates and policies as updated as possible, the most recent information is available directly through the Central Utah Ballet Studio
During these extraordinary times, Central Utah Ballet (CUB) is preparing for your safe arrival at our studios this fall. This guidance provides answers to many questions we are hearing from our students and parents. We will update this information regularly as the situation evolves, and we appreciate your patience.
Our first and foremost concern is the safety and health of our students while continuing to provide outstanding instruction in dance. We will observe the reasonable and necessary precautions detailed below.
Safety Measures & Protocols
Here are the CUB protocols and safety measures currently in place. These measures are implemented in accordance with mandates and guidance from federal and local authorities. We will continue to monitor these sources and make appropriate adjustments if the guidance and best practices recommended by public health experts changes.
Please Read Carefully
- Masks: Masks are required of all students and faculty, in all parts of the building except during class.* As a reminder: when I wear a face covering, I am protecting you. When you wear a face covering, you are protecting me and your classmates. Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth except when actively taking class in the studio.
*At the discretion of individual instructors, faculty may decide to require that face masks be worn throughout the entirety of their classes. In this case, parents with children in those classes will be notified via email of the faculty member’s request and class time.
- Social Distancing: We ask that everyone do their best to practice good social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between themselves and others. We ask that parents and other family avoid entering the building unless absolutely necessary. Please utilize phone calls, texting, or emails as forms of communication whenever possible.
- Personal Hygiene: Washing and sanitizing hands frequently is an important practice to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Students are asked to bring their own hand sanitizer in order to minimize the use of shared supplies. Please sanitize before and after each class.
- If You are Sick: Do NOT enter CUB if you are not feeling well, have a fever, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID, or if you have possibly been in contact with someone who has COVID. Please be proactive in helping to keep our entire community safe. If unable to attend, please contact our office directly.
- Positive COVID-19 Test: Please let CUB know immediately if a student or any member of the student’s household tests positive for COVID. Based on HIPAA laws, CUB will protect personal health information and keep identifying information confidential when we notify a class. If there has been a potential exposure to other students in the class, everyone in the class may be asked to quarantine for a period of two weeks, and the class will be offered virtually. The State Health Department will also be notified, and they will determine if additional action is required.
- Facility/Equipment: CUB will sanitize commonly-touched surfaces in the studio before and after each class. The entire facility will have additional, regular cleaning, and every effort will be made to ensure proper ventilation and cleanliness. Students may be asked to help wipe down their barre spots. To minimize the possibility of picking up someone else’s water bottle by mistake, students are asked to bring their own water bottles with their name clearly written on the side (not the bottom).
- PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE, PROACTIVE, AND COMMUNICATIVE SO WE CAN ALL REMAIN HEALTHY. YOUR INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTION TOWARD THIS GOAL IS PARAMOUNT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!