Awards & Accolades
- three Thomas D. Dee grants
- Philip 7 Miriam Perlman Award for Excellence in Student Counseling & Advising
- Nominated for the college of Fine Arts Scholars Program
- Presented Research at the Corps de Ballet International Conference at Western Michigan university and Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities
Soloist Dancer & Staff Member Ballet West
- School Director Ballet West Conservatory
- Associate Professor in the Department of Modern Dance at the University of Utah
- Guest teacher for the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet and Ballet West
- Adjudicator for the Montana Dance Arts Association
- Adjudicator for Music-Fest in Spokane, Washington
Sharee Lane is a talented soloist and ballet instructor with a gift for ballet technique, advanced principles of teaching, and choreography. She has received multiple awards and accolades for her work, including three Thomas D. Dee grants, the Philip and Miriam Perlman Award for Excellence in Student counseling and Advising, and more.
Sharee Lane was a soloist dancer and staff member with Ballet West, and the School Director of the Ballet West Conservatory. Currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Modern Dance at the University of Utah, she teaches ballet technique, advanced principles of teaching, and co-directs, as well as choreographs for the Department’s Performing Dance Company.
Her choreographies have been performed for the Berlin State Ballet School in Berlin, Germany, with her latest choreography, Affinity, being restaged for the University of Cincinnati’s Conservatory of Music in fall 2012.
Professor Lane has been a recipient of three Thomas D. Dee Grants, and in 2006, received the prestigious Philip and Miriam Perlman Award for Excellence in Student Counseling and Advising. Nominated for the College of Fine Arts Scholars Program, Professor Lane has presented her research “Through the Looking Glass: Examining the Impact of Mirrors in Technical and Artistic Development in Female College Ballet Dancers” for the Corps de Ballet International Conference at Western Michigan University and the Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities.
Professor Lane, and colleague Professor Olaf Hoefer, have successfully initiated a cultural exchange program between the University’s Department of Modern Dance, the Berlin State Ballet School and Ballet West, for students, teachers, and musicians.
As well as being a frequent guest teacher for the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet and Ballet West, Professor Lane continues to be an adjudicator for the Montana Dance Arts Association and for Music-Fest in Spokane, Washington.